DNA damage repair proteins --- tutorials
This file will contain pointers to some existing tutorials on
DNA damage and repair. It is not intended to be a comprehensive
list, but a selection of some of the most readable and most
Pointers to other or better tutorials are welcomed.
What is DNA repair?
- A very brief tutorial with some nice pictures from
National Institutes of Health.
Mutation, Mutagens, and DNA Repair
- by Beth A. Montelone, Ph. D., Division of Biology, Kansas State University.
Provides a breif intro to DNA damage and repair for first-year
biology grad students.
DNA Repair Lectures
- A pair of lectures by Joel Huberman from Fall 1999 offering of RPN 530 at
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology
Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
This tutorial provides a fairly detailed and current
overview of DNA repair mechanisms, and has citations to
more detailed survey articles.
DNA Repair lecture notes
- Dr. Laurie Achenbach, Department of Microbiology, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Very brief lecture notes.
DNA repair mechanisms
- A one-page summary of DNA repair.
- Research: Delving into the Choreography of DNA Repair
- Article from The Scientist dropping a few names
and giving a brief, lay overview of some selected research.
- DNA Repair and Mutagenesis
- by Errol C. Friedberg, Graham C. Walker, Wolfram Siede.
(American Society for Microbiology, 1995; ISBN: 1555810888)
This 700-page book is frequently mentioned as the best
text on DNA repair.
- Trends in Biochemical Sciences, issue of October, 1995 (Volume 20, pp. 381-440).
- Has a number of short article summarizing the state of
the art in 1995.